Today we are talking about our self-care routines! But first things first – here is what we were drinking!
Amanda’s Moscow Mule
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 6 oz. ginger beer
- Squeeze lime juice into a glass or mug and drop in the used wedge.
- Add 2 or 3 ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill with cold ginger beer (not ginger ale unless that makes your skirts fly up).
Now that we have a drink or two in us, let’s talk about taking care of ourselves. This is not about the products that you use as much as it is the attitudes that we have of being intentional about what our bodies and minds need to be happy and healthy and ALIVE!
Everyone is different and you need to learn how to hear what your body is telling you to do. If you need a few ideas to get your started, here are some things that we have found to be very helpful.
Abbye’s self care routine suggestions are:
- Talk to your husband/partner face to face EVERY DAY to maintain the connection and balance that you need for a peaceful life. If you are not communicating, you better believe that there is chaos and unrest in your midst.
- Take a bath! Lock the door, light a candle, pour a glass of something fun to drink and DON’T LET THE KIDS INNNNNN. Try to get your water temp not too hot, but hot enough to steam things up a bit. Pour in some bath salts to ease your muscles and GET ONE OF THESE!
- Most importantly, be mindful in every moment what your body and your mind and your heart needs for peace and sanity. When you can recognize what you need and then make an effort to take care of those things, that is the ultimate self care!
Amanda’s self care routines are:
- Take a few minutes as soon as you get home to get centered. Sneak away to a quiet place in the house – even if it’s in the bathroom – but away from everyone if you can. Take some time just for you. It doesn’t have to be a long time… do what you can but give yourself space to breath and reset.
- Listen to a favorite podcast to learn something new, laugh, think differently… Her favs are: This Might Get Weird, Up and Vanished, Someone Knows Something and Conan O’brien Needs A Friend.
- Go see a chiropractor! It can change your life!
Take stock of your life! What are the things that cause you stress or make you get angry unnecessarily? Deal with those things so that you are a healthy human who doesn’t create chaos in their life or their family.
Listen, we know it’s hard to take care our ourselves when there are 29 little shits running around demanding our attention, the laundry is piled up and dinner has to get made.
We get it.
But all of that will be there when you emerge from the bathroom so go right ahead and have a selfish moment. You need it and your people need you to be healthy so you can go back to the dinner and the laundry and ALL THE THINGS without murdering someone with your mad mom face.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to tune in every Tuesday and Friday for new episodes. And it would be super cool if you would subscribe, rate and review us wherever you listen to your podcasts… that would mean the world to us.
xoxo… Amanda + Abbye